On January 26, 2001, Jonah Dale arrived at the home of his 25-year-old daughter, Missy Hammond, and found her dead in her bed.
Missy's seven-year-old daughter, Liddie, was also in the home, bewildered after apparently spending the night with her mother's body.
- What happened to this young mother?
- Who could've wanted to hurt her?
- What, if anything, did the child see and hear?
Physical evidence was collected at the scene and witnesses are being questioned.
No suspects were immediately identified, but Missy had an ex-husband, a boyfriend, a doting neighbor, and a married ex-boyfriend.
Help investigate the case
Case documents are presented in chronological order in the Case Files section.
- To filter by document type, click the Evidence, Interviews, Biographies, or Press tag at the top of the Case Files page.
- To filter the case documents by investigation week, click the Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4 tag at the top of the Case Files page.
If this is your first look at the investigation, you may want to start here: